Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Saving Time Cooking

Okay, I've never tried this recipe before, but it looks delicious and my friend Sarah gave it to me and I trust her taste buds, I mean judgement, no I think I actually meant taste buds.

Sarah's Beef Stuff
(Okay, I named it that, but she didn't give it a name)

2 lbs chuck roast cut into 1" pieces (Sarah buys pre-cut stew meat)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can 7-Up (Sarah uses Sierra Mist)

Put meat in the bottom of a crock pot. Do not season. Pour mushroom soup over meat. Sprinkle with soup mix on top. Add 7-Up. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice or egg noodles. (Sarah likes it with mashed potatoes.)

Tell me what you think about it! I'm going to have to try it out this week.

Happy Savings

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds good! I love 8 hr crock pot meals!!!
-Carrie

Anonymous said...

I made this yesterday and everyone liked it -- Ryan, my sister, and me. Ryan said it was better than my mom's pot roast even (sshh don't tell)! It was great and very easy. I served it over mashed potatoes.