Monday, September 1, 2008

Saving Money, A Lot of Money



ALL OF THIS FOR $3.11!!!!


That's right! Just by following some of my Weekly Round-Up tips, I got all of this with only spending $3.11. Well, almost. I actually spent $26.09 in cash and $15 in ECBs at CVS, I left with $10 in gift cards to Target, I'll get $10 from a Kellogg rebate and I earned $17.98 in ECBs to spend next time at CVS.

Confused? So was my husband. Let me break it down for you, store by store, coupon by coupon. . .


Target
Transaction #1
8 boxes of PopTarts =$18
- 4 $1/2 Kellogg Poptart coupons
- 8 $.50 Target PopTart coupons
Total= $10
Received=$10 in Gift Cards
I will submit this receipt with the Kellogg rebate from the Kellogg insert and get a check for $10!

Transaction #2
8 boxes of PopTarts= $18
- 4 $1/2 Kellogg PopTart coupons
- 8 $.50 Target PopTart coupons
Used $10 in gift cards from transaction #1= $0 money out of pocket
Received = $10 in Gift Cards
Rinse and repeat if you have more coupons. . .

Wal-Mart
45 packets of Kool-Aid= $9.00
7 Kraft Salad Dressings= FREE with 7 coupons similar to the ones in All You Magazine
3 Crystal Light= FREE with 3 coupons similar to the ones in All You Magazine
5 Oscar Meijer Hot Dogs= FREE with 5 coupons similar to the ones in All You Magazine
Total= $9.00

There are actually 8 packages of hot dogs pictured, sorry, I put them in the fridge, took them out for the picture and didn't realize that I took some of my Mom's out with mine.

I could have gotten this deal for $4.50 at Meijer, but I'm in Indiana and the Meijer ad doesn't start here until Thursday and my coupons were expiring today, so I'm not going to complain about $9 for everything I got!

CVS
I didn't want to wipe any CVSs out of the items I was buying and I am using my card and my husband's card (He is forced to do my deals with me!) so there are 3 transactions here.

Transaction #1
4 Suave Body Wash
2 Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Lotion
2 Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Foundation
2 Cover Girl Outlast All Day Lip Color
2 Cover Girl Wetslicks
- 2 B1G1 Free Cover Girl Lip Color
- 2 Buy 1 Cover Girl Foundation Get 1 Cover Girl Face Product Free
- 2 B1G1 Free Suave Body Wash
- 2 $.50 Suave Body Wash- $7.50 in ECBs
Total= $2.31
Received $7.99 in ECBs

Transaction #2
Same as #1 but with
Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste
-$1.50 Colgate coupon
Total= $2.47
Received $9.99 in ECBs

Transaction #3
4 Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Foundation
4 Cover Girl Aqua Smoothers Lotion
-4 Buy 1 Cover Girl Foundation Get 1 Cover Girl Face Product Free Coupon
Total= $2.31

So, that's how I got everything for $3.11. If you take the amount of money and ECBs I spent and subtract the amount of gift cards, ECBs and money I will receive it works out to $3.11. My husband says I'm using "fuzzy mathematics", but, I think it's Saving Sherry Math!

Happy Savings!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing. I could use some pop tarts.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what you will do with all that make-up? I believe the shelf life is only 6 months.

Saving Sherry said...

The make-up is being donated to Grundy Mountain Mission. They offer a place for children of all ages to live at and get a good Christian-based education. My small group is sending a large donation to them next month. Check them out at www.mountainmissionschool.org. Thanks for the question!

Sherry