Monday, September 22, 2008

Saving Time Cooking

Sorry I didn't get a recipe posted last week. With the power out and everything else going on in our lives, time just slipped away from me and I forgot to do it. This week is a 2 part recipe. There is an easy way and a, well, it's not any harder, it just takes longer way. (Okay, so I haven't won any awards for writing since 5th grade!)

Chicken Parmesan

2 or 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 box spaghetti, prepared to box instructions
2 eggs
Milk
bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
Garlic Powder
2 C mozzarella cheese

1. Mix equal parts bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese (I use roughly 2 C each) and Garlic Powder to taste (I use, umm, I use a lot, we LOVE garlic).
2. Mix eggs and a few tablespoons milk to make a milk wash.
3. Dip each piece of chicken in the milk wash and then in the bread crumb mixture to coat.
4. Place into a greased 9x13 pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
6. Pour the jar of Spaghetti sauce over the chicken, place back in oven for 15 minutes.
6. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken and sauce, place back in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve chicken over spaghetti!

Okay, you can also to this:

Follow steps 1-3 from above
4. Place in hot skillet (use 2T butter or oil)
5. Fry for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until slightly browned
6. Place in 9x13 pan
7. Pour Spaghetti sauce and sprinkle cheese over chicken
8. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes

Serve chicken over spaghetti!

I usually do the first recipe, but if we're having company, I'll do the second one to make it fancier. Hope you enjoy this recipe! It's another favorite of my family!

Happy Savings!

0 Comments: