Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Check out things that no one else did on MckMama!

Hmm, what to say this week. . .

I did not force my husband to cook every evening this week after working all day long. Nope. I got up off the couch, even though I had a cold (thanks to my 1 year old!) to make a healthy, nutritious dinner for my men. Every day. Even when I was coughing so hard I thought I might never breathe again. I would never make my husband do MORE work after he got home from work. Not me!

Oh, here's a good one! I did not have to get up this morning only to have my 4 year old son remember that he actually poopied in the potty yesterday right before bed (YEA!!! It's been like 2 months since he stopped doing that!!) and have to run around to fulfill all of the things we promised him if he did. I had to get him a chocolate pop tart, chocolate milk, daddy's cereal (Rice Krispies), his special NEW underwear, a Halloween shirt, let him watch a cartoon of his choosing while he ate breakfast (remember: we NEVER let our children watch TV and where he got the idea of watching TV while eating is beyond me, umm, can lightening strike me through the computer or should I just be avoiding windows?) and even attempt to explain to him that we could not go to King's Island TODAY because they are only open on the weekends now. (We have season passes, it wasn't THAT big of a promise!) I had about 40 minutes between the time he woke up and when his bus came to fulfill everything! I'm sure he will have remembered more stuff I "owe" him when he gets home from school! But, my thinking is, if he's going to go in the potty again, I don't care! Oh, which brings me to my next Not Me: I don't bribe my kids for good behavior. Nope, never! Definitely not me!

I did not attempt to cheat on our budget this week by going to Panera to get Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a Sourdough Bread Bowl (doesn't that just sound delicious?). Nope, I stick to our budget tight and never cheat. Okay, I was driving past Panera and got this HUGE craving, you have to understand that I LOVE Panera and my husband doesn't like it at all, so it's not really an option when we do go out to eat. So, anyway, I went into the store to totally cheat on our budget and ordered the soup in a bread bowl. The lady looked at me like I had lost my mind and said "We run out of bread bowls at 5:30 everyday, they are long gone." Umm, it was 6. And another thing, they are open until 9, why on earth, if they KNOW they run out at 5:30 everyday, don't they make more! So, I was so sad when I left empty handed, but on track budgetwise. I couldn't tell my hubby (okay, he'll know now. . . ) so I called my BFF and told her and she agreed with me: "Panera needs to make more bread bowls!" or at least that specific Panera, I've never heard of that before and I've been at other Paneras when they closed and people were still getting bread bowls, so maybe it's just that one, but I was sad that my attempts to cheat were thwarted by a lack of bread bowls. (*sigh*, I still want some)

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

Love it. Seems that they NEVER forget the promises we make them....now if we can get them to remember things we want THEM to do....

becca's bits said...

did you know you can get panera's broccoli cheddar soup at costco? it aint cheap though!!!

Saving Sherry said...

We're Sam's Club people. I always think about buying the quart while I'm at Panera, then I realize that without the bread bowl, it's just soup. . .