Monday, June 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Check out things that no one else did on My Charming Kids!


Okay, I haven't been able to participate in a while, so you can just check out this post for an entire day I would like to claim never happened! It was my Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

I did not buy 20 boxes of fruit snacks at Kroger this week. Nope. No family could ever feed that many boxes of fruit snacks to their children because they are NOT really healthy like actual fruit! I ALWAYS give my kids fruit and NEVER give them fruit snacks, so there is no way I would buy 20 boxes! Nope, not me.

I did not let me boys skip nap time yesterday because my inlaws were surprisingly in town. No naps= grumpy boys, so I definitely put them down for their nap instead of going out shopping with the inlaws.

I am most definitely not sitting here writing my Not Me Monday! when I should be cleaning the house and packing for our 4th of July family vacation. Nope. My house is always clean. I never need to worry about people showing up at my front door without calling first because my house is ALWAYS spotless. I never have to step on clothes, toys, sippy cups and empty plastic plates and bowls to get anywhere in the house. All of those things are clean and in their proper place. Right? RIGHT?!?! Ugh. . .

I have NOT lived in my house for 4 years now and left the walls "renter's beige." No way! I was one of those organized, creative people who painted every room in the house (including Drew's room, because I was preggers with him when we bought the house) BEFORE we moved in. Uh-huh. We have a lively, colorful house and not a house that could be confused with a dorm room. Yep. Okay, okay, okay, my friend is coming over tomorrow to help me decide what colors I should use. Have I mentioned that growing up in parsonages meant that I NEVER got to pick colors for a house so I have NO IDEA what would look good? Oh, and I've never painted a wall either. This should be interesting. . . This "renter's beige" is sounding better and better. . .

I have NOT started keeping a baggy of animal crackers and a sippy cup full of water by my bed to give to my oldest in the morning. It has nothing to do with the fact that he gets up at 6 am and mommy wants to sleep. I DO NOT turn on a cartoon and give him the baggy and cup to let him eat while he zones on cartoons so mommy can get another 30 or more minutes of sleep. Nope. Not me! My kids don't even watch TV! And I get up every morning to make him a healthy, nourishing breakfast. I would NEVER let him eat animal crackers for breakfast! (Note to self- remember to brush the crumbs off of my husband's side of the bed before he notices them.)

Okay, I'm going to stop now. It's not that I don't have any more Not Me's! It's just that I'm starting to get embarrassed!

3 Comments:

Lori said...

cute, embarrased hey?

Saving Sherry said...

A little. Didn't mention that with the 20 boxes of fruit snacks I also got: 10 5lb bags of sugar, 4 bags of brown sugar, 20 Kraft BBQ Sauces, 8 5-packs of Mac & Cheese, 8 Capri Suns, 18 boxes of cereal and roughly 160ish packs of Kool Aid. Ugh. It sounds bad just reading it! I spend roughly $40 for all of it though!

Jenilee said...

I posted about my lack of paint knowledge here http://sahmissionary.blogspot.com/2009/06/starting-today-guest-post-by-jenilee.html

:) I also grew up in parsonages and have gotten used to "renter's beige".

We've lived in our house for 2 years now and we have still only painted the girls rooms. not motivated to change that anytime soon! hope your color planning goes well! :)