Friday, May 8, 2009

KFC No Longer Accepting Coupon


Okay, I'm very glad that I already used my coupon for my free chicken dinner. I saw this coming and went early to get it. This is basically the same thing that happened with Quiznos. The corporate people think it's a great idea, the local people don't know about it, response was more than they expected and then they refuse to honor the coupon. We the consumers are left holding our very exciting coupon with nothing to show for it. I just wish they would have anticipated this, I did, I mean, you talk about this FREE meal on the Oprah show, let everyone print out 4 per computer and you think only 100 or 200 people will bother? It's frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad so many people got to use their coupon and they don't have to give away free food, but it's just that I feel sometimes people don't think ideas fully through, and that bothers me.


Anyway, they are still allowing you to receive a free meal through a rain check. I think this is very nice of them. Here is what their site says:



We are so sorry, but due to the overwhelming response to our FREE Kentucky
Grilled Chicken™ meal coupon, we can no longer redeem the free coupon at this
time. But we will honor our commitment to giving you a free Kentucky Grilled
Chicken meal.
Please visit a participating KFC restaurant for a rain check
form. Complete the form, attach your original coupon , and give it to the KFC
restaurant manager or postmark per the form’s instructions, by May 19, 2009, and
we’ll send you a rain check for your free Kentucky Grilled Chicken meal at a
later date, plus a free Pepsi with our compliments. Your participating KFC
restaurant will provide you with the form you need.
Please note that the
redemption periods of the rain checks will vary. All other terms and conditions
of the original free Kentucky Grilled Chicken coupon will apply.


So, if you still have your coupons, go to your KFC and get your form to get your rain check for a FREE meal and a FREE Pepsi. Again, I think this is a great offer. They really didn't have to do this, they could have just said "We're not taking it anymore, sorry about your luck," instead of doing the rain check. I appreciate that they thought of us when they made this decision.


Happy Savings!

0 Comments: