Monday, August 25, 2008

Saving Time Cooking

My family LOVES pasta. We could eat it every meal. Today I am going to share one of my family's favorite quick and easy pasta dishes.

Baked Ziti

1 Box Penne Pasta, cooked and drained
2 Jars Pasta Sauce of your choice
2 C Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Mix cooked penne and 1 jar of pasta sauce in a 9x13 dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add 1/2 Mozzarella Cheese, stir. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Place back in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted. After removing it from the oven and serving, let everyone add as much warmed pasta sauce from the other jar as they want and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top to taste.

Serve with a salad and my family's favorite, peaches, and you have a complete meal that took little more than stirring pasta!

Have a family favorite pasta dish you'd like to share? Leave a comment so we can all enjoy!

Happy Savings!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy! I think I'll make it for dinner tonight. Thanks!