Monday, August 18, 2008

Saving Time Cooking

Okay, I have another confession to make. I LOVE to eat, but I usually HATE spending time in the kitchen cooking (sometimes I get it in my head to make fancy, complicated meals, but not recently, I blame my 2 wonderful boys!). Because of this I have gathered a large collection of quick, easy meals that I can draw from when I realize it's 4:30 and I haven't even thought about dinner yet. One of my friends told me I should start a weekly posting featuring 1 of these recipes, so here goes my 1st Saving Time Cooking Post!

Chicken and Stuffing

3 or 4 Chicken Breasts, cut to bite size pieces
1 box of chicken flavored stuffing mix, prepared to box instructions
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (reduced fat works fine too)
1/3 C low fat sour cream

Cook chicken in a skillet (I use a 10" one that has a lid so I can do everything in it and Save Time doing less dishes) while making the stuffing in another pot. When chicken is cooked, (or almost cooked) add the soup and sour cream, stir until well mixed. Top with stuffing and cover with lid. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes to get the flavors all meshed together. Serve and enjoy!

I usually serve this with Broccoli (although, I usually serve most everything with broccoli, it's our favorite veggie around the Saving Sherry household). If you want you can actually add broccoli (or any frozen veggies) to the dish when you add the soup and sour cream, just cook until the veggies are done.

This is one of my favorite things to throw together because all the ingredients are stuff I usually have on hand anyway. I think I originally got this recipe from the Stove Top Stuffing box, but I can't promise that. I've seen many variations on this over the years like adding veggies, different flavor soups, cheese, and even putting it in the oven instead of making it on the stove.

This is my favorite version, try it and see what you like with it or in it!

Do you have any quick, easy recipes you'd like to see featured in a future edition of Saving Time Cooking? Leave the recipe in the comments section and let us all save time trying your favorite recipe!

Happy Savings!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is a major time saving in the kitchen for me.
Buy 5 lb of ground chuck brown all 5 lbs. at once drain & rinse split into freezer bags. Use 1 lbs. now and freeze other for quick dinners.
Bar B Q ,Chili, Pasta, Nacho Chili Dip.

Saving Sherry said...

That's an awesome idea! My friend cooks up chicken breasts in large batches and freezes that, but i never thought of hamburger! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Check out chicken bruchetta on kraft.com.

Saving Sherry said...

I love the Kraft Chicken Bruschetta recipe! It's a favorite around here. Thanks!