Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saving Time and Money Cooking


It's been a while since I gave you a recipe, so you are definitely due a few. I have a couple of new, incredibly easy recipes to share with you this week. The first recipe I'll share tells you how I made 1 pork roast last for 3 dinners and 1 lunch! I believe I paid around $8 for the roast. That is a great deal!


I purchased several large pork roasts while they were on sale for around $1.59/lb. I put them in my freezer and pull 1 out every once and a while. Here's what I did with the 1 I pulled out last week.


Meal #1- Pork Roast in the Crock Pot

(I cut 4 3/4" thick pieces of the end before I did this, I'll explain why in the next meal.)


Pork Roast
2 Cans French Onion Soup (or 1 family sized can)
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste.

Cook for 6-8 hours.

I served this with mashed potatoes and broccoli.


Meal #2 Fried Pork Chops

4 Pieces cut from the pork roast
coat in flour
fry on both sides for about 6 or 7 minutes each until white in the middle
(optional- add a can of cream of mushroom soup when chops are cooked fully and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes)

I served this with left over mashed potatoes and corn.


Meal #3 Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Used 1/2 of the leftover pork roast- shredded the meat and put it in a pot with 1/2 a bottle of BBQ sauce

Served on buns with Mac & Cheese and peaches for lunch.



Meal #4 Pork Tacos



Used the rest of the pork roast- shredded the meat and put in in a pot with taco seasoning and followed directions on the seasoning.



Served with taco shells, toppings and corn.




I cannot believe that we got 4 meals out of 1 big piece of meat! Next time these go on sale be sure to pick up a big one and let me know what you do with it!



Happy Savings!

0 Comments: