Monday, July 20, 2009

Not Me! Monday


MckMama decided to switch it up and bit this week and instead of Not Me! Monday, it's actually Not My Kids! Monday! Oh, do I have stories for you. . .

While taking a shower this past week my 3 year old did NOT squeeze almost an entire tube of Aqua Fresh Toothpaste on the carpet and rub it in with a toothbrush. Uh-huh. I noticed something was amiss when my living room smelled minty fresh! (For the record, he also didn't say he the reason he did such a thing was that he was "building a castle.")

During the SAME SHOWER he did not ALSO get every loaf of bread, bag of buns and any other kind of bread-type food and dump them all over the dining room floor! Oh no, not my innocent son! He would NEVER do something like that!

The same nearly 4 year old boy (next month! oh how time flies!) is NOT back in pull-ups because he REFUSES to . . . umm. . . make "stinkies" in the potty. Nope, my son has been wearing underwear for MONTHS and would never just decide to stop using the bathroom! He is TOTALLY not stubborn enough to continue do that no matter what we would take away from him! NO! NEVER! Not my child! (ugh)

Okay, since my younger son is really too young to have any stories about him, I'll continue on with stories of my eldest: (this is one of my very first "I know I'm in big trouble with this one" moments. . . there are so many. . . ) When he was about 1 year old, my son was throwing toys out of the toy box, I told him to stop throwing the all of the toys out of the toy box or I would put the lid on the box and he'd go to time out, he DID NOT then (while staring at me the entire time with a "what are you going to do about it mom" look on his face) slowly pick up toys and casually SIT them on the ground. All of them. 1 at a time. Nope, not my son.

I could continue, but at some point I'm scared this list will make me look like a horrible parent who can't control her creative, strong-willed, way to smart son, I mean, well behavied, quiet, patient son, so I think I'll stop now. But, welcome to the view into the tiny window of my day to day life. There is NEVER a dull moment with Drew around!


1 Comment:

Jennifer said...

Your non-dull moments sounds like mine with my three kiddos.

Tip on the potty thing if it might help. I went through the same issue with my daughter who turns three next month. She has been trained since she was 1 1/2 including no bed wetting at night and all of a sudden she started having "accidents". Ok, fine until after about 8 or 10 times. It's not "accidents" anymore honey.

So, we talk about things and I threaten and I give time out. Uh-uh. Still having accidents. So, after about two weeks we found a resolution. Eh-hem.

I told my daughter that I didn't want my pretty little girl to have poo in her panties and if my pretty girl was going to be nasty then her Snow White (cloth doll) was going to have to be nasty like her. She screamed no and told me no more accidents.

Well, she had two more accidents. I threatened Snow White the first time and actually smeared it the second time (very lightly but enough to devastate her). She pinky promised no more accidents this time and Mommie used lots and lots of Shout and washed Snow White twice to make sure it was very very clean.

Well, no more accidents to report for my little girl who is taking care of her pretty clean Snow White doll that she got back after going potty in the potty!