Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saving Money at Kroger


Get out those coupons! Here are some GREAT FREE deals at Kroger!!


  • Celestial Seasonings 20 count boxes are $1- use $.55 coupon from the 11/0 or 12/7 SmartSource to make them FREE! (These are NOT in my ad, I was just walking the aisles and found it!)
  • Life Savers (in the bag) are $1- use the $1 coupon from the 10/19 SmartSource to make them FREE!
  • Daisy Sour Cream is $1- use the $.50 coupon from the 11/16 SmartSource to make them FREE!
  • Tennessee Pride Sausage Gravy is $1- use $1 coupon from the 9/28 RedPlum to make it FREE!
  • Fleischman Yeast (3 pack) is $1- use $.45 coupon from the 10/5 SmartSource or the $.40 coupon from the 11/2 or 12/7 SmartSource to make them $.10 or $.20 BUT WAIT- there is a Catalina deal that gives you $.50 off your next order when you buy Fleischman Yeast! Can you say MONEYMAKER?


I LOVE FREE stuff!! The Celestial Seasonings will make great additions to my Teacher Gifts! I know I put these in my Weekly Round-Up, but these were such great deals I wanted to make a special post just for them!


Happy Savings!

12 Comments:

Zombiemommy said...

i have 45 boxes from the last sale:)
tea and cookies are my christmas gift plan!

T said...

was the tea unadvertised or did I over look it in the ad? I am also in the Cincinnati area. Thanks!

Saving Sherry said...

Tosha- It was unadvertised, I edited my post to make that clear. It was actually that price last week and apparently no one noticed it! I just noticed it on Saturday and the shelf tag says it expires on 12/14.

Anonymous said...

Markets may vary. Our Krogers in Fort Wayne, Indiana triple coupons up to 50 cents - and face value for anything higher, but the Celestial Seasonings tea is still a great deal at 45 and 55 cents. Celestial Seasonings had in-box coupons last year and I've got eight of them :) The tea was advertised in our 10 for $10 ad this week.

Our Krogers also don't have the Daisy Sour Cream this week :(

starbucksgirl said...

I don't understand how the Celestial Seasonings tea is free. If the coupon is .55 cents and the tea is $1 a box then you are actually paying .45 cents a box. Am I missing something? My Kroger only doubles coupons up to .50 (not .55). Do others have a different situation with their Kroger?

Anonymous said...

My Kroger works the same way only doubling up to $.50 so no free tea for me. I noticed it last week but was thinking of saving my q for a free deal. Do Krogers have different coupon policies?

Saving Sherry said...

Yes, different Kroger's have different coupon policies. The Kroger's in my area (Cincinnati, OH) double coupons above $.50 to $1. Sorry for any confusion! I'm mostly a local blog and wasn't expecting so much attention!

starbucksgirl said...

Sherry, moneysavingmom.com linked to your site; that's why this post is getting attention. :)

Crystal @ The Thrifty Mama said...

I posted some deals on my blog. I didn't do the tea though, because my Kroger doubles .55 and under. But the Jimmy Dean Sausage is an incredible deal! Especially with the free eggs and Catalina!

Anonymous said...

I went to my Kroger here in Columbus OH and the tea is on sale for 1.50, making it .40 or .50 depending on which coupon you use. I have .55/1 and 1.00/1
Darn!

Brandy said...

I didn't get the tea coupon so no tea for me. Oh well I'll get plenty of sour cream and other items.

Thanks!

Stacey said...

don't forget about the altoids my store has them on sale for $1 and there are plenty of $1 peelies out there....i throw these in my gift bags for all my girlfriends.